Welcome to Coyote Music Studio! Thank you for choosing our studio for music therapy or lessons. Highlights: 1. Illness & Mask Policy 2. Absence Policy 3. Scheduling, Payments, & Discounts 4. Locations 5. Important Lesson Information: Books, Practice, Reminder notifications
1. Illness & Mask Policy, updated 7/20/22 -Forany contagious illness... You must be symptom and fever free for at least 24 hours to attend a class, lesson, or music therapy session at the studio. Please wear a mask if you're still within 5 days of your illness or if anyone in your household is currently sick. Let me know if you have vulnerable family members and prefer I wear a mask as well.
2. Absence Policy Try not to miss. Frequent instruction is vital to progress. Students must give at least 2 hours notice before canceling or they will be charged. Students may only cancel or reschedule 1x with a 6 week period. The 2nd cancellation within 6 weeks will be charged to the student's account and the 3rd cancellation within 6 weeks will move the student to the waiting list for future lessons. Exceptions are made for summer/winter breaks and family emergencies.
3. Scheduling and Payments A Student Portal is used for scheduling, payments, sharing repertoire, student information, and lesson/therapy notes. All clients and music students are required to enroll through the Enrollment Tab on this website. Once you complete enrollment, you'll receive an email with login information for your Student Portal account. You can then register for any open spot by going to the Calendar Tab and clicking "Register." You can also call or email Ms. Tonya to schedule.
Music Therapy Workshops: Payment is expected upon registration. Call Tonya if you need to make other arrangements.
Discounts must be applied manually so let Tonya know if you qualify for one. Package Discount for Private Lessons - You can receive a 10% discount by purchasing a Package* of 12 Lessons (See the Absence Policy). Packages may be split among 2 siblings. Sibling Discount - 10% off for every child after the first enrolled.
Discounts do not apply to Music Therapy Workshops.
*Students who purchase a Package and have to cancel have the option of rescheduling once per 6 weeks. If I have to cancel, I will always reschedule or offer to save your credit for a future lesson.
4. Locations Lessons and individual music therapy sessions are held in the private studio at: Coyote Music Studio: 2615 N. Locust St, Denton, TX 76209 OBSERVING – Family members are permitted to observe the first lesson or MT session but then the student/client and I need to get to know each other in order for me to learn how they learn and for them to learn what's expected in my studio. Thank you for understanding. PARKING – Please pull all the way into the drive and allow space for others who come before and after you to use the “turn-around.”
RECITALS! All students in music lessons and classes (except the infant and toddler classes) are expected to participate in the Studio Recitals each semester. Location for the recital will be announced at least a month before the recital.
5. Important Lesson Information You’ll receive a reminder notification for each class, lesson, or music therapy session that will include the location . You can change how you receive reminders (email, text, or both) by logging into the Student Portal and updating your information. There is a login box on the Home Page.If you need to miss for any reason, you can notify me by replying to your reminder or sending an email. See the Absence Policy.
Books! Lesson students will need to purchase method books for your instrument. Do NOT buy them before contacting Tonya, as the choice of books will be based on age and current abilities.
All students are expected to bring a 3 ring binder to lessons AND practice outside of their lesson time.
Practice! A good policy for beginners is to start with 10 minutes, 2-3 times a week, and add time as your music becomes more challenging. Young students should not be encouraged to "practice" but instead to show the family what they learned in lessons or teach a family member what they learned. This is more fun for them and will help them remember. Frequent Practice is more important to progressing in music than lesson time and Practice Time can’t be made up!Muscle memory needs to be built. It doesn’t matter if you know what the music says if you can’t play it. 10 minutes every other day is better than an hour once a week.